New York, NY & London, UK - April, 2012
Seabury’s Consulting group is a boutique advisory firm, focusing primarily on airline strategy development and major operational turnarounds. Our unique approach to consulting blends generalist consulting professionals with seasoned aviation experts. Projects include strategy, cost reduction, operational improvement, contract negotiations and due diligence.
Seabury takes a rigorous analytical approach to all projects to help our clients make sound business decisions in the challenging aviation industry. As an Associate, you will play a significant role on projects. You will take independent responsibility and initiative for your own work stream (or portion of a project), from planning, execution and analysis, to presenting findings both internally and to clients. Depending on the structure and type of project, you will be required to manage Analysts, coordinating their analysis and output to ensure that deliverables are met. You will have significant interactions with clients and should be comfortable leading discussions and achieving the client’s buy-in for your recommendations. You will be given formal training, and through mentorship and ongoing, informal training, will develop a strong consulting tool kit. As your performance and experience develop, you will be given the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and demonstrate leadership in a meritocratic environment. Travel is highly likely across the globe.
The consulting group is a close knit team committed to having fun while delivering high impact results for our clients. At Seabury you will be part of a dynamic team, comprised of high-powered and talented individuals, who have a blend of airline industry and top-tier strategy consulting experience. Compensation is highly competitive with leading strategy consulting firms.
Founded in 1995, Seabury provides a unique combination of consulting, investment banking, restructuring, network planning and software solutions to all segments of the aviation industry.
Seabury’s consulting team has taken on leading roles at major clients such as Air Canada, Airbus Cathay Pacific, Pratt & Whitney, Qantas, South African Airways, United and US Airways. Examples of projects include negotiating multi-Billion dollar fleet campaigns, leading full turnarounds of struggling network carriers, evaluating merger synergies, conducting due diligence on potential acquisitions, identifying across the board profit improvement opportunities, forecasting demand for services and developing new strategies. Seabury advises airlines, maintenance providers, cargo operators, lessors, aerospace manufacturers & suppliers as well as investors such as private equity firms.
Given the challenges of the dynamic aviation industry, Seabury is an exciting and rewarding place to work, providing individuals with variety and growth opportunities, combined with the camaraderie of a close-knit team, where the "work hard play hard" mentality presides and the travel opportunities are great.
To receive an interview, candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record from a top tier institution
- Three or more years experience at a leading management consulting firm OR
- Three or more years relevant work experience (investment banking, venture capital, or aviation) with a top-tier company and an MBA degree OR
- Four or more years experience in the airline industry, with proven ability to perform rigorous, structured analysis to drive to business decisions and implement recommendations
- Note that some candidates meeting these criteria may also be considered for fast-track Senior Analyst positions if they are lacking aviation or consulting experience
The ideal candidate should also possess:
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and conceptual skills, including Excel modeling ability
- Self-motivation and initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong leadership ability, with particular focus on ability to independently structure own work and coordinate with a team to meet deliverables
- Business acumen, and the ability to deliver insights / recommendations based on analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience presenting results or findings
- Track record of achievement in extracurricular and professional endeavors
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines while still delivering a flawless product
- Willingness to travel internationally
Please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to