Amsterdam, The Netherlands - April, 2012
Seabury is looking for a Data Analyst to further improve its data and analytical products provided to clients in the logistics industry. Our products provide a wealth of information, which for example allows one to analyze all the goods being traded around the globe on a monthly basis. By combining these different sources of information and through sound analysis, you will be solving the complex problems that our internal and external clients both face. This requires at a minimum constructing complex queries in SQL and building/using dimensional cubes in Cognos; but might involve setting up complete databases for clients or new internal initiatives. For large scale projects you will be the key developer and part of the project team in the design phases. Providing training, demos and being the go-to person for content related questions for clients is a possibility, if you like to be involved in these more customer servicing related activities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (such as computing, information management, mathematics, statistics)
- Experience with SQL (or similar) is preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Capability to solve big and complex problems
- Accurate, attention to detail and ability to work in a structured and proactive way
- Self-motivation and initiative to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, while still delivering a flawless product
- Excellent English accompanied by strong written and verbal communication skills
- No more than two years of experience
For consideration, please send CV and cover letter.
The Seabury Group is a global advisory and investment group with over 200 professionals providing investment banking, restructuring / corporate recovery, management consulting, IT development and human capital services. Seabury professionals have in-depth experience in providing advisory services to a broad range of industries including aerospace, automotive, aviation, maritime, cargo, consumer products, distribution, financial services, gaming, infrastructure (ports and airports), logistics and maritime and manufacturing. Seabury has advised over 400 clients spanning Africa, Australia, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas.